The deadline to submit items for The Decatur Daily Religion Calendar is 5 p.m. Monday for publication the following Friday. Information, however, may be submitted up to six weeks in advance. Email items to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include a complete address with all venues, along with a name and telephone number. Items are not taken by phone.
• Beans and Rice Giveaway, 9-11 a.m., Tanner United Methodist Church, 19607 Huntsville-Brownsferry Road. 1-lb. bag of beans and rice to every adult. No questions asked.
• Annual Senior Citizens Day Breakfast, 8 a.m., Canaan Missionary Baptist Church, Hillsboro. Guest speakers will be Jami Jones, safety officer and recruiter, Decatur Police Department; Richard Coffey, Hillsboro Area Volunteer Fire Department; and Rev. Ronald Merriweather, pastor. Margaret Bendford, 256-616-5895.
• Women's Conference 9-11 a.m., luncheon following. Friendship Church, 16479 Lucas Ferry Road, Athens. Our Conference is "Sweet Tea, Friends and Jesus," Pat Gartman. 256-777-7153 or friendshipumc.org/umw.
• Open House, 3-6 p.m., Brookdale Cedar Springs Senior Living, 2505 Spring Ave., Decatur. Mayor Tab Bowling and the Chamber of Commerce will be having a ribbon cutting ceremony at 3:30 p.m. Decatur residents and businesses are invited to attend
• First Fellowship Fall 2019, meals served starting at 5 p.m., no reservations required; classes 6-7 p.m.; First United Methodist Church of Decatur, 805 Canal St. N.E. Nursery and children's activities available. 256-355-0277.
• Harvest Festival, organized by Decatur Presbyterian and St. Peter Missionary Baptist Church, 218 Cedar Lake Road S.W., 6-8:30 p.m. Games, a trunk or treat, music, bonfire and hay rides. Free.
• Alabama Fork CPCA Inc. presents "A Christmas Extravaganza," 2 p.m., The Pincham-Lincoln Center, 606 Trinity Circle, Athens. Theme: "Oh come let us adore Him." Psalm 95:1-6 and Psalm 96:1. Tickets: $25. 256-316-1274.