The Athens City Council on Monday:
- Held a public hearing and approved special event retail alcohol sales for Athens Rotary Club for March 20 at the Limestone County Event Center.
- Held a public hearing on the sale of alcohol for Wildwood Deli, 113 W. Market St.
- Held a public hearing and approved an ordinance designating the Donnell House as a historic site.
- Held a public hearing and approved rezoning of properties along Coman Street, Bryan Street and Butler Drive from medical district to R-2, residential district.
- Approved $184.91 in travel expenses for the Electric Department.
- Approved the purchase of a power transformer and spare parts for $774,456 from Virginia Transformer Corp. for the new Limestone Creek substation.