Retired Decatur educator Etta Freeman turned 103 Monday, and a line of cars wrapped around the streets of Old Town for a drive-by parade honoring her.
A graduate of Decatur Negro High School and Alabama A&M University, Freeman taught 57 years at Moulton's Rosenwald School and Decatur's Cherry Street Elementary School.
Public Information Databases
- Mysterious mass death in a Texas border town in 'Strong from the Heart'
- Trump says he's fired TVA chairman, who is Skip Thompson of Decatur
- With some campers in place more than 5 years, short-term sites planned at Point Mallard
- Affidavit: Suspect used lighter to start Walmart fire
- Council rejects second request to extend dining into parking spots
- Baggs wants to become mayor so Decatur can have 'good things'
- First Lawrence County resident dies of COVID-19
- Decatur women launch handmade chalk business during pandemic
- Austin High band member tests positive for COVID-19; practices halted
- Two more Morgan residents die of COVID-19