MOULTON — Elizabeth Owen Gargis Keel, 97, died February 20, 2021. Visitation will be Wednesday from 12 to 1 p.m. at Lawrence Funeral Home. Funeral will follow at 1 p.m. in the chapel with burial in Blackground Cemetery. Elizabeth was a member of Town Creek United Methodist Church.
Brief, one-time notices of deaths are published in The Decatur Daily and placed on our Web site at no charge. Obituaries, including funeral details and schedules, survivors and other personal information, are paid notices and may be placed by funeral directors on behalf of the family. If you wish to submit an obituary or death notice, simply email the text to us in its entirety to Obituaries@decaturdaily.com.
Obituaries will be accepted only from funeral homes, or from an individual only when legal documentation is presented at our office, of that individual's executor status over the estate of the deceased. Obituaries must be received with prepayment before 4 p.m. for publication the following day. On holidays, obituaries must be received with prepayment before noon for publication the following day. If you have questions, please call (256)-260-2524
- Putin warns of unnamed foreign efforts to destabilize Russia
- Kentucky governor wants to move on from impeachment effort
- Former aide says Cuomo kissed her, suggested strip poker
- Bust of Black hero of Lewis & Clark trip goes up in Portland
- PG&E wildfire victims sue former management for neglect
- Students protest as Utah lawmakers resist changing 'Dixie'
- Minnesota Supreme Court hands victory to PolyMet copper mine
- EXPLAINER: UN vaccine plan is underway, but problems remain
- Details released on torture, death of 8-month-old
- Justice Department: Former Athens, Limestone superintendents named in indictment
- Morgan selling vacant Flint property
- 3 downtown spots selected for Decatur food trucks
- Man who died in Alabama 20 wreck in Decatur identified
- 3 charged with drugs in Somerville
- Cedar Lake: Black community dubbed a social experiment formed in Decatur in 1897
- MaKynslee Jayde Sanders
- Priceville set to begin construction of new recreation center
- Local businesses struggling but mostly surviving