HARTSELLE — Gregory Ray Battles, 65, died February 22, 2021. Funeral will be Wednesday at 11 a.m. at Peck Funeral Home Chapel. Visitation will be one hour prior to the service. Burial will be in the Roundtop Cemetery.
Brief, one-time notices of deaths are published in The Decatur Daily and placed on our Web site at no charge. Obituaries, including funeral details and schedules, survivors and other personal information, are paid notices and may be placed by funeral directors on behalf of the family. If you wish to submit an obituary or death notice, simply email the text to us in its entirety to Obituaries@decaturdaily.com.
Obituaries will be accepted only from funeral homes, or from an individual only when legal documentation is presented at our office, of that individual's executor status over the estate of the deceased. Obituaries must be received with prepayment before 4 p.m. for publication the following day. On holidays, obituaries must be received with prepayment before noon for publication the following day. If you have questions, please call (256)-260-2524
- Reports: Far-right party draws eye of German intel agency
- Hungary pulls its ruling party out of EU's conservatives
- Strong earthquake shakes central Greece, felt in Balkans
- COVID-19 vaccine deliveries to African nations pick up speed
- Trump's cash plea could complicate GOP fundraising efforts
- Blast damages Dutch virus test center; experts probe cause
- National security officials to testify on Jan. 6 mistakes
- Report: No fans from abroad for postponed Tokyo Olympics
- Westgate Shopping Center getting 'shot in the arm'
- New life for old downtown Athens buildings
- Despite COVID, officials plan to open Point Mallard for 50th season
- City CFO job offered to Demeester
- Snakes in the garden
- Details released on torture, death of 8-month-old
- 8-month-old girl dies; capital murder, sexual torture charges filed against Decatur man
- Dutton resigns as Lawrence County High football coach
- Jackson family roots go back to former president
- Hearing set for defendant in Moulton car theft