ELKMONT — James (Jimmy) Alfred Gray, 81, died Friday, July 31, 2020. There will be a 3 p.m. Graveside Service Sunday at Hester Cemetery. Spry Funeral Home is directing.
Brief, one-time notices of deaths are published in The Decatur Daily and placed on our Web site at no charge. Obituaries, including funeral details and schedules, survivors and other personal information, are paid notices and may be placed by funeral directors on behalf of the family. If you wish to submit an obituary or death notice, simply email the text to us in its entirety to Obituaries@decaturdaily.com.
Obituaries and death notices can also be faxed to (256) 260-2209. Obituaries will be accepted only from funeral homes, or from an individual only when legal documentation is presented at our office, of that individual's executor status over the estate of the deceased. Obituaries must be received with prepayment before 4 p.m. for publication the following day. On holidays, obituaries must be received with prepayment before noon for publication the following day. If you have questions, please call (256)-260-2524
- LA sheriff concerned after deputies detain Black teens
- Serena and Venus win, now Williams sisters play each other
- Booker's 35 points help streaking Suns beat 76ers 130-117
- Celtics keep Grizzlies from clinching spot in play-in series
- COVID shuts down 2 Lawrence schools for 2 weeks
- Convicted killer pleads guilty to Minnesota husband murder
- Big Ten, Pac-12 pull plug on fall football amid pandemic
- In Seattle, a Black police chief resigns over budget cuts
- HUD: Decatur Housing Authority blocked Blacks from riverfront apartments
- Mysterious mass death in a Texas border town in 'Strong from the Heart'
- Decatur police investigating fatal shooting Saturday night.
- Hartselle man killed in 2-car accident in Lawrence County
- Council rejects second request to extend dining into parking spots
- Austin High band member tests positive for COVID-19; practices halted
- Mayoral candidates discuss ideas to promote city growth
- Baggs wants to become mayor so Decatur can have 'good things'
- Diane Bell: San Diego-area colleges are going to pot
- First Lawrence County resident dies of COVID-19