HARTSELLE — John William Cook Jr., 54, died June 27, 2020. Funeral will be Wednesday at 3 p.m. at Peck Funeral Home with visitation from 1 to 3 p.m. at the funeral home.
Brief, one-time notices of deaths are published in The Decatur Daily and placed on our Web site at no charge. Obituaries, including funeral details and schedules, survivors and other personal information, are paid notices and may be placed by funeral directors on behalf of the family. If you wish to submit an obituary or death notice, simply email the text to us in its entirety to Obituaries@decaturdaily.com.
Obituaries and death notices can also be faxed to (256) 260-2209. Obituaries will be accepted only from funeral homes, or from an individual only when legal documentation is presented at our office, of that individual's executor status over the estate of the deceased. Obituaries must be received with prepayment before 4 p.m. for publication the following day. On holidays, obituaries must be received with prepayment before noon for publication the following day. If you have questions, please call (256)-260-2524
- White Michigan couple arrested after gun pulled on Blacks
- The Latest: South Korea has 63 newly confirmed virus cases
- Supreme Court blocks curbside voting in Alabama
- Blue Jays granted exemption to train in Toronto
- Temeridad o reapertura: ¿por qué más jóvenes contraen coronavirus?
- Asia Today: Kim urges North Koreans to keep up virus fight
- Brooklyn's US attorney tapped for Justice Department role
- Sponsor FedEx asks Redskins to change their name
- Decatur getting more restaurants, Aldi grocery store planning pushes forward
- 60 bullet casings found at Valhermoso Springs crime scene
- Rodney Gordon, Wayne Thrasher enter Decatur council races
- Decatur council delays mask vote amid protest
- Masks, classes taught exclusively online possible for Decatur City Schools
- Overturned truck partially blocks Alabama 20
- Decatur council suggests masks, may require them
- Alabama to reopen all schools for in-person teaching in fall
- Developers planning another subdivision and a multi-family development
- Elkmont running back started family tradition