DANVILLE — Johnny Griffin, 64, died February 18, 2021. Graveside service will be 1 p.m. today at Hartselle Memory Gardens. Public viewing was Monday from 1:30 to 6:30 p.m. at Reynolds Funeral Home.
Brief, one-time notices of deaths are published in The Decatur Daily and placed on our Web site at no charge. Obituaries, including funeral details and schedules, survivors and other personal information, are paid notices and may be placed by funeral directors on behalf of the family. If you wish to submit an obituary or death notice, simply email the text to us in its entirety to Obituaries@decaturdaily.com.
Obituaries will be accepted only from funeral homes, or from an individual only when legal documentation is presented at our office, of that individual's executor status over the estate of the deceased. Obituaries must be received with prepayment before 4 p.m. for publication the following day. On holidays, obituaries must be received with prepayment before noon for publication the following day. If you have questions, please call (256)-260-2524
- House prepares to pass landmark voting rights, ethics bill
- Arkansas lawmakers send governor near-total abortion ban
- Czechs seek help abroad to treat their COVID-19 patients
- Despite no combine, NFL releases list of who merited invites
- Detectives look at SUV's 'black box' from Tiger Woods crash
- Yankees manager Aaron Boone takes leave to get pacemaker
- SUV in crash where 13 died came through hole in border fence
- Prosecutors: Man threatened Missouri, Tennessee congressmen
- Westgate Shopping Center getting 'shot in the arm'
- New life for old downtown Athens buildings
- Despite COVID, officials plan to open Point Mallard for 50th season
- Snakes in the garden
- City CFO job offered to Demeester
- Dutton resigns as Lawrence County High football coach
- Details released on torture, death of 8-month-old
- 8-month-old girl dies; capital murder, sexual torture charges filed against Decatur man
- Jackson family roots go back to former president
- Decatur’s city clerk to retire, opening another director's job