HARTSELLE — Mavene Brown Holt, 84, died May 20, 2020. A graveside service will be today at 3 p.m. at Johnson Chapel Cemetery with Peck Funeral Home directing. No visitation is scheduled.
Brief, one-time notices of deaths are published in The Decatur Daily and placed on our Web site at no charge. Obituaries, including funeral details and schedules, survivors and other personal information, are paid notices and may be placed by funeral directors on behalf of the family. If you wish to submit an obituary or death notice, simply email the text to us in its entirety to Obituaries@decaturdaily.com.
Obituaries and death notices can also be faxed to (256) 260-2209. Obituaries will be accepted only from funeral homes, or from an individual only when legal documentation is presented at our office, of that individual's executor status over the estate of the deceased. Obituaries must be received with prepayment before 4 p.m. for publication the following day. On holidays, obituaries must be received with prepayment before noon for publication the following day. If you have questions, please call (256)-260-2524
- Lebanese clear blast rubble from roads around cratered port
- N. Korea's escalating virus response raises fear of outbreak
- Canadian citizen sentenced to death in China on drug charge
- Bank of England holds off more stimulus, sees slow recovery
- New lockdown ratchets up economic pain in Australian city
- Virus lockdown for world’s smallest and rarest wild pigs
- The Latest: French presidency says Macron arriving in Beirut
- Asia Today: Central Japan region put under virus emergency
- Trump says he's fired TVA chairman, who is Skip Thompson of Decatur
- With some campers in place more than 5 years, short-term sites planned at Point Mallard
- Police: Body discovered near refuge headquarters
- Mysterious mass death in a Texas border town in 'Strong from the Heart'
- Affidavit: Suspect used lighter to start Walmart fire
- Hartselle native killed in accident returned to area after traveling world in construction trade
- Decatur woman arrested in Walmart arson investigation
- Council rejects second request to extend dining into parking spots
- Decatur man pleads guilty to filing false tax return
- Fire damages Decatur apartment; arson suspect charged