DECATUR — Melanie Lawrence, 61, died January 12, 2021. Hartselle Heritage Funeral Home is assisting the family.
Brief, one-time notices of deaths are published in The Decatur Daily and placed on our Web site at no charge. Obituaries, including funeral details and schedules, survivors and other personal information, are paid notices and may be placed by funeral directors on behalf of the family. If you wish to submit an obituary or death notice, simply email the text to us in its entirety to Obituaries@decaturdaily.com.
Obituaries and death notices can also be faxed to (256) 260-2209. Obituaries will be accepted only from funeral homes, or from an individual only when legal documentation is presented at our office, of that individual's executor status over the estate of the deceased. Obituaries must be received with prepayment before 4 p.m. for publication the following day. On holidays, obituaries must be received with prepayment before noon for publication the following day. If you have questions, please call (256)-260-2524
- World hopes for renewed cooperation with US under Biden
- Biden revokes Trump report promoting 'patriotic education'
- Next up: $730M Powerball prize after no Mega Millions winner
- Protesters gather, damage Democratic headquarters in Oregon
- Insider trading sentence of Vegas gambler commuted by Trump
- Decatur Heritage boys are No. 1 in Class 1A
- Analysis: Biden faces a more confident China after US chaos
- California: OK to use Moderna vaccine after illness reports
- Decatur Councilman Hunter Pepper taken to hospital after abruptly leaving meeting
- Vote for Favorite Class 1A-4A Basketball Player
- Decatur man facing drug charges
- Denying bond, judge says Falkville man had 'cache of firepower' at Capitol riot
- Decatur man facing pornography charges
- Pepper cleared of election complaint
- Limestone indictments include human trafficking, capital murder cases
- A 'glimmer of hope' as vaccine rollout begins for those 75 and older
- Former Athens High star Philip Rivers retiring after 17-year NFL career
- 'Making a difference in children's lives' the highlight for retiring judge