Brief, one-time notices of deaths are published in The Decatur Daily and placed on our Web site at no charge. Obituaries, including funeral details and schedules, survivors and other personal information, are paid notices and may be placed by funeral directors on behalf of the family. If you wish to submit an obituary or death notice, simply email the text to us in its entirety to Obituaries@decaturdaily.com.
Obituaries and death notices can also be faxed to (256) 260-2209. Obituaries will be accepted only from funeral homes, or from an individual only when legal documentation is presented at our office, of that individual's executor status over the estate of the deceased. Obituaries must be received with prepayment before 4 p.m. for publication the following day. On holidays, obituaries must be received with prepayment before noon for publication the following day. If you have questions, please call (256)-260-2524
- Cyberattack hobbles major US/UK hospital chain
- United Airlines pilots approve deal that delays furloughs
- More fires in California destroy homes, prompt evacuations
- The Latest: Cuomo warns of hot spots throughout New York
- Feds to ship millions of tests in bid to reopen K-12 schools
- AP FACT CHECK: Trump falsehoods on Ohio economy, health care
- Yanks to start C Higashioka, sit Sánchez in wild-card opener
- New effort seeks to protect Nebraska felon voting rights
- Athens superintendent paid $15,511 monthly on administrative leave
- Colton Bradley Cartee
- Lawrence County historian who promoted Courtland dies
- New Decatur High principal: 'We're not going to love them into poverty'
- 2 Decatur attorneys seek Morgan County judgeship
- Planning Commission rejects historic florist’s request for rezoning
- Alabama 20 overpass construction could start in early 2021
- Austinville Elementary to be taught virtually Monday; 13 employees quarantined
- Capital murder defendant visits scene of crime
- Lawrence joins Limestone at 'very high risk' for COVID-19; Morgan stays 'low risk'