• Calhoun Community College is holding camps this summer. The Uncommitted High School Showcase for 2021-2025 graduates and uncommitted players is Tuesday. The Future Stars Camp (ages 5-8) is Thursday. The Fundamentals Camp (ages 9-13) is July 27. For more information and to register, go to Calhoun.edu/summer-camps.
• Skills and Drills Night is taking place this month at Decatur High for players in the second-sixth grades. The cost is $5 a night from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. Dates are this Monday and July 26. For more information, contact Decatur boys coach Kori Walker at email@example.com.
• Decatur City Youth Football is having signups. Fee is $100. Age groups are ages 4-6 for flag and ages 7-8, 9-10 and 11-12 for tackle. Prospective players do not have to be from the Decatur area. For more information, contest Kinte Welch at 256-282-0685.
• A memorial tournament in honor of the late Harold “Bama Zack” Greene is scheduled for Thursday at Canebrake in Athens. All proceeds are going to a scholarship program in his honor. For information on tournament sponsorship or playing in the tournament, contact Garth Garris at 256-777-6530 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Calhoun Golf Classic is scheduled for Aug. 9 at Huntsville Country Club. The three-person scramble begins with a shotgun start at 1 p.m. Cost is $125 per player or $375 for a team. All proceeds go to the Calhoun men’s golf program. For more information, contact Richard Morgan at 256-468-9945.
• The Mac Kent Golf Tournament is Oct. 23 at Point Mallard. All proceeds go to the West Morgan Athletic Department in honor of the late Mac Kent. The cost is $70 for 18 holes of play, cart, lunch and tournament T-shirt. The first-place prize is $500. Second place is $250. For more information, contact either Trey Kent at 256-565-0945 or Heather Kent-Turney a t256-606-2607 or email email@example.com.
• A TVE Elite Exposure Camp is scheduled for July 27 at Wilson Morgan Park. The camp is from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and is limited to 110 players. It is open to players who will graduate between 2022 and 2025. The cost is $175. For more information, go to tnvalleyexposure.com.
To submit an item for Sports People, Places and Things, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your phone number. Deadline for items is noon Friday.